After my previous post, development went quicker than expected, so I’ve actually managed to get a real version out. ;) So without much ado… here’s Danbooru Client 0.2.0!
This redesigned C++ version brings a few more features compared to the PyKDE4 version, notably:
- Infinite scrolling (experimental) - Just scroll down to load the next set of posts
- QML-based thumbnail view
Currently, there is only a source tarball. For security, I have signed it with my public GPG key (6E1A4E79) and I have also provided a SHA-512 hash of the release.
Building and installing
Complete instructions are in the README. You will need KDE Frameworks 5.7 and Qt 5.4.
- The loading animation needs to be made prettier
- Only the first set of pools are downloaded
- Double clicking on an image does nothing (what should it do? let me know)
- No batch downloading (pretty hard to do with QML; I’ll try to figure out if it can be done)
- No tooltips for buttons (an oversight - will be fixed in the next release)
Give it a spin, and let me know what you think!
Luca Beltrame ANIME · GENERAL · KDE · LINUX
danbooru client KDE KF5